Technology makes advances every day and thermostats are among the electronic devices that continually make progress. If you have seen the advertisements, you have probably asked yourself, “should I install a smart thermostat?” The short answer is yes! To help you decide if a wi-fi connected thermostat is right for you and your Phoenix Valley home or office, Reliable Air Conditioning breaks down what they do and why you should install one today.
What function does a thermostat serve?
Before we discuss the function of a smart thermostat, let’s first examine the function of a thermostat. A thermostat regulates the temperature of your home or office to your comfort preference. Utilizing an internal thermometer and sensor, a thermometer tells your cooling & heating units when to turn on or off.
Many homes are equipped with a manual or digital thermostat that allows you to change the setting of your HVAC system immediately. This is typically the only option available for these types of thermostats. For example, you may turn your air conditioner to a higher degree while you are gone at work during the day and then turn it down as soon as you come home. These are a great option to conserve energy, but they do require you to do a bit of manual adjustments.
A programmable thermostat is another popular option as it allows you to set a schedule. This works well as you can set the temperature to lower before you typically get home from work so your home is comfortable by the time you arrive. Doing so allows you to conserve energy, but also be comfortable when you arrive home without the need to remember to change the temperature on your thermostat. Programmable thermostats have been thought of as complicated to use, which leads most homeowners to change them manually.
What is a Smart Thermostat?
A smart thermostat is a next level programmable thermostat by offering you the most control and customization over your home’s comfort level. Typically a smart thermostat has wi-fi connectivity, advanced sensors, and smart learning capabilities. These thermostats can be managed from your laptop, smartphone, or other digital devices.
The “smart” capabilities of these thermostats include advanced learning, which means they learn your behaviors and auto adjust for humidity and other climate conditions. You can also see how efficient your cooling and heating system are and areas where changes can save you money on your utility bills.
5 Reasons a Smart Thermostat is for You
- Accessibility – Never again will you need to worry if you changed the temperature setting or made a schedule mistake on your thermostat again. Whether you have left for work or for vacation, you can easily update the temperature from anywhere you have access through your smart device.
- Efficiency – The auto adjustment settings allow a smart thermostat to efficiently cool and heat your home while keeping you comfortable. The energy bill savings from the efficiency often outweigh the initial cost of the thermostat.
- Data – Via your phone, computer, or tablet, you will have real-time access to the amount of energy your system is using and the ability to adjust in order to lower your utility bills.
- Installation – Designed for easy installation, smart thermostats can typically be installed by the homeowner. Professional installation is available from Reliable Air Conditioning to ensure it properly installed and to help guide you to the best thermostat for your home & system.
- Usability – The apps and system dashboards are designed to be easily programmed, accessed, and used.
If you are considering a smart thermostat for your home or business, contact Reliable Air Conditioning. We are available to guide you to the best thermostat for your needs and to one that will work well with your current HVAC system. We’re here, when you need us most!
Are you ready to install a Smart Thermostat?
Arizona's Most Reliable Air Conditioning Company
Reliable Air Conditioning is a family owned business providing quality residential and commercial heating, cooling, and air quality services to the greater Phoenix Valley, Arizona area. We offer over 15 years experience in the HVAC industry and are committed to providing our customers with professional service they can depend on. Our goal is to keep you comfortable inside your home or business all year long with customized options for your heating and air conditioning needs.
Trust your homes air conditioning and heating repairs and installation to the most reliable technicians in the area. We are committed to providing you with the air conditioning and heating services your need for our unique climate here in Arizona.